Under Digital India Digilocker has partnered with Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Through this tie-up Aadhaar card holder can store their Aadhaar card in digital Locker. In order to promote the idea of paperless governance, Digilocker was launched. Through this Digilocker the user can electronically access his/her Aadhaar card. So what first try to understand what digital locker is?
What is Digital locker?
Digilocker is an online platform, which can be used for issuance and verification of documents & certificates in digital way. By this we can eliminate the use of physical documents. Every Indian citizen can sign up for this Digilocker.
The Digilocker account is dedicated cloud storage space that is linked to their Aadhaar (UIDAI) number. Organizations that are registered with Digital Locker can push electronic copies of documents and certificates (e.g. driving license, Voter ID, School certificates) directly into citizens lockers.
In this any user of Digilocker can upload scanned copies of their legacy document into their respective digital locker account. These legacy documents can be electronically signed using the eSign facility.
5 Step process to store your Aadhaar card in digital locker:
In the very first step you need to create account at the official website of Digital locker. The link for official website is https://digilocker.gov.in/
Once you have created the account at official website. It will ask you to enter your “Aadhaar number”.
Enter Aadhaar number:
In this step you need to enter your 12 digital Aadhaar number from your Aadhaar card.
Once you have entered your Aadhaar number, it will generate OTP. This OTP would be sending on your Aadhaar registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and verify it.
Once you have entered the required OTP your Aadhaar card will be stored in your digital locker create account.
Download link for Digital Locker app click @ Digital Locker app
6 Step process to download your Aadhaar card from your Aadhaar linked digital locker account:
- In the very first step you need to do login into your digital locker account at https://digilocker.gov.in/
- In this step a new dialog box will open which says “Get your eAadhaar”.
- Now you have to click that link and OTP box would appear. Click on “Get OTP” option.
- The OTP would be send to your Aadhaar registered mobile number.
- Now enter the OTP and click the Option “Verify OTP”.
- ‘Issued Document’ page appears. Download ‘Aadhaar’ using ‘save’ icon.
5 Benefits of using digilocker:
- The registered user can access his/her digital documents at any instant of time and everywhere.
- The user can share his/her document with any open. This is time saving and convenient.
- By using this facility it has reduced the administrative overhead of government departments.
- The documents shared from this facility has made easier to validate the authenticity of documents as they are issued by registered user only.
- Self-uploaded documents can be eSigned which is similar to the process of self-attestation.