Now you can open NPS account online in just few clicks. Ideally to open NPS account online will take only 25-30 minutes. For opening online NPS account you must be having bank account in any one of the 17 banks empanelled with the National Securities Depository Ltd (NSDL) and it must be linked with PAN card. If the above condition is satisfied, you can apply online for NPS account at enps.nsdl.com.
Documents required to open NPS account Online:
Documents required for account under national pension scheme are.
- Scanned copy of photo.
- Scanned copy of signature.
- Active email ID.
- Active mobile number.
- Active saving account with having net banking facility activated.
- Either PAN card or Aadhaar card.
10 Step simple process to open National Pension Scheme (NPS) Account Online:
- Visit at the official website of NSDL`s eNPS @ https://enps.nsdl.com/eNPS/NationalPensionSystem.html
- Now the tab which says “Registration”.
- A window would open. At this select the option saying” Online Subscriber Registration” click the option saying”New Registration”.
- Now if you are having Aadhaar card then select “Aadhaar card” option or you are having PAN card select “PAN card” option.
Process to Open NPS account through Aadhaar card:
- If you have select Aadhaar card option to open NPS account then enter Aadhaar number in the bank space and click Generate OTP.
- Now it will ask you to enter certain details and the OTP generated on your mobile phone.
- Fill all mandatory details on online form and press enter. Now the system would search the details in Aadhaar database.
- Now upload scan copy of photo and signature.
- Submit the details to reach the online payment gateway.
- Do the first contribution by debit or credit card or net banking facility of your bank
Process to Open NPS account through PAN card:
- From the list of available banks you have to select the bank in which you are having savings account.
- The bank will verify your KYC details.
- For the verification of KYC details the bank would charge you a one-time amount of Rs 125/-.
- Now enter al mandatory details on online details while filling the online form make sure your name and address must match with the name and address in bank details.
- Now upload your scanned photo and signature.
- Make the online payment.
- After successful payment, PRAN would be generated.